Advertisements
RSS Feed

Not So Weak After All

On my only day off during last week, I spent time helping finish field work in anticipation of Opening Day for Greater Newark Baseball.  Fighting a fever, extreme exhaustion and side effects from medicine, I quickly became emotionally drained.  Unable to sleep, I wrote a blog at 4:30 am, that’s in the morning for those who slept past noon over Spring Break.  Anyway, the only strength I could muster was a lame, but effective prayer, “In my weakness Lord, be strong today!”

Minutes after verbalizing these words, I lost my keys, was late to work and felt worthless for most of my first shift.  However, as I look back on my day, somewhere near the end of my first shift, the power of the Holy Spirit kicked in.  From there, God blessed me with one amazing encounter after another.

I was able to bring a smile to hundreds of children through a 30 minute long Chick-fil-A cow appearance at the Christiana Mall.  I nearly brought one parent to tears after offering her infant a Mini-Cow.  Another woman mumbled under her breath, “I need to eat Chick-fil-A, their people take care of their customers like first class citizens.”  Between 4-8pm this evening, I was walking on air, floating on the wings of angels.  Paul was right in 2 Corinthians 12:7-10, when we are weak, Christ truly is strong, and not so weak after all!

by Jay Mankus

Advertisements

18 responses »

1. Thank you for the note of encouragement! Sorry about your technology glitch. Sometimes I have to write an entire blog over when my server doesn’t save properly. Have a great day!

2. That’s why I’m here, to help people from making the same mistakes I have made in the past!

3. The first few blogs take some time to learn all the features and tools each site like Word Press has. However, if you want to post one blog per day, expect to spend between 30 minutes to 1 hour per day.

4. Thanks for your comment. I’ve been running this blog for 16 months now, usually posting one blog per day.

5. Thanks for your comment! Let me know how I can help. As a former youth pastor, I may be able to lead you in the right direction.

6. I hope you were challenged by my blog. Thanks for visiting!

7. Thanks for visiting! Stop by again!

8. Each blog site have their own template which helps you save and update information if you misspell words. Like Microsoft Word, Word Press underlines words not spelled correctly. However, I usually link in spell check from Word to correct mistakes.

9. Surprisingly revealing many many thanks, I do think your readers may well want further blog posts such as this carry on the excellent perform.

10. very trivial place of duty, i without doubt love this website, keep proceeding it

11. I have heard good and bad about Word Press which I what I use now. If I hear of any securer sites, I’ll let you know!

12. The best thing you can do is help those who are near you or can’t help themselves.

13. I’m glad I could help! Hope you will be informed by future blogs.

14. Thanks for your support. I pray that I will be able to guide others in the right direction with future articles.

15. Everything fell into place the entire next week.